What You Been Doing With Your Triumph Today

Didn’t see any carnival reds, but they did have a couple of Tiger 1200’s lined up in there, but I couldn’t tell whether they were 2024 models.

1 Like

Hasn’t Kirkstone been closed recently for repairs?
Last time I went that way there were four sets of temporary traffic lights for road works :grimacing:

1 Like

Yeah it was shut at start of the year then opened for Easter hols, shut again last month for two weeks or so.
Lovely tarmac in places and some wooden crash barriers, which I didn’t inspect closely :grinning:

1 Like

Best not to :sunglasses:

1 Like

Apologies to those still having to endure cold temperatures and/or continuous rain, but it was another glorious sunny afternoon here in East Anglia. So out and about on the Speed Twin today.

7 Likes

Don’t apologize, Neal. Happy to see you enjoying the good weather!

4 Likes

I got out of bed at 05:30hs this morning and got the Thruxton out of the garage, pulled on my kit and got out on the road at 06:00hs.

A couple of hours out on very quite roads at first, it started to get a bit busy at 08:00hs, so headed for home.

It is a long time since it has been warm enough to get out early in the morning, loved it. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Rode up to Cobb & Jagger, tried out a non-Triumph, then went somewhere else…oh I’ll write it up later. :grin:

2 Likes

The suspense is killing me… :laughing:

1 Like

Finally found time to clean it…! Only taken 11 months…!
Out on it in the morning…!

7 Likes

Super sausage run early this morning. Set out around 07.30 .
Roads deserted…Speed triple heaven.

Early bird gets the ……Bacon and sausage bap.
But there was a bit of a quandary for me, I have tomato ketchup on bacon and brown sauce on sausages…. What to do…?
Any guesses….?

2 Likes

You ordered two?

4 Likes

You put both on?

2 Likes

Run up the coast this morning, brew at The Byre in Bootle :+1: then back over Birker Fell. I was “on it” today :grin:Felt great.

On way back we stopped at the workshop of the guy on the GSXR. He refurbishes classic Velocettes and builds up new ones. Loads of gorgeous bits of metal in there :heart_eyes: TT bikes from 20’s and 30’s, first foot change etc.

He recently bought some stuff from the BSA development shop. Drawers full of hand tools, a fly press, an English Wheel and the bike lift used in the development of the first Trident :grinning:
Could spend days in there!

Washed Speedy and took wheels out ready for new tyres tomorrow :slightly_smiling_face: 6700 miles on last ones and just started to follow ridges in road.

6 Likes

A couple of nights out in the South East and picked up a few more Landmark Challenge points, National Trust properties and museums etc. Also visited the Hellfire Club Cave in West Wycombe, interesting story of “Men behaving badly”, or a little bit of Georgian compassion? 40/50

4 Likes

I have had two trips on the Street Triple this week; just popped to work and back yesterday on my rest day to get something done and then today Helmut and I went about to The Piston Club for the 0900 Sunday morning meet which was great; nice quiet roads on the way there, can’t say the same for the way back and there were certainly a few lunatics out. About 115 miles done.

The Piston Club is always a good visit; lots of bikes, a friendly crowd and good coffee and food. These are stolen photos from NoseyBook as I forgot to take any!!!

6 Likes

Exactly that Ade…
And it was a superb bap…!

1 Like

Same as Chicken & chips. That has to be heinz tomato ketchup and salad cream :wink:

1 Like

Fit my wheels back in with new boots :slightly_smiling_face:

Cleaned and lubed the chain, spun the floating disc bobbins in front wheel while it was out.
Torqued up the appropriate fasteners but chickened out on the caliper bolts at 55Nm. Feels way too much to me, just relied on good old fashioned feel. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Not today but last week. We finally got some decent weather and I got away for a couple of nights in Wales :smiley:

This lifted the winter blues and I decided it was time to crawl out of my hole and be sociable here :slight_smile:

8 Likes