What You Been Doing With Your Triumph Today

2 Likes

We had tickets for the tour, as well. Saw them in the 80’s but hope Ann recovers and they make it out again.

2 Likes

Rode from home to Dumbarton yesterday in the worst day of weather I have experienced in all my riding. Everything was wet. To compound the issue my Beeline threw a wobble so we did a huge 60 mile loop extra :rage::rage:
I really didn’t want to get back on the bike today. Anyway was dry when we set off and apart from a tiny shower early on we even got sunshine :smile:
Some cool bikes at the Green Welly

Me having to wear an MV fleece as mine was still soaked :confused:

6 Likes

One of motorcycling’s least pleasurable experiences is the first feeling of cold rain finding its way through the crotch of trousers you thought were waterproof. :grimacing:
I hope you get a better day tomorrow!

6 Likes

Carol Kirkwood said it was going to rain …

3 Likes

Rain? That wasn’t rain. I’ve been drier in the shower :grinning:

4 Likes

Should have gone to Galloway first: it did rain here all day yesterday, but just ordinary moderate rain - nothing biblical.

1 Like

Got a win today. Forecast was crap but turned out fine :smiling_face:. Bikes filthy now.

3 Likes

An MV Fleece….!
I bet the zip stopped working in the rain… :grin:

8 Likes

There speaks a man with experience :grinning:
Even the guy who owns the top left his MV at home (fortunately)!

2 Likes

A great night in Oban last night :smile:
Spent a few hours in the Oban Inn, very friendly place. Got talking to a random couple who worked on the ferries, and it turned out the guy worked with my son’s mate on Fisher boats in Barrow a while back :smiling_face:

Today was a great run from Oban to Moffat taking in the A701, brilliant!
Now sat in the Buccleuch Arms and I must say, I am very impressed so far.

9 Likes

You will have had a nice run down - jealous! A701 though?

Talking to Dave at the Bucc about our ride home tomorrow and we mentioned doing the Mennock Pass. He brought us this

He suggested doing the Crawick loop , back up the Mennock then back down to Drumlanrig. Sounds fun :blush:

6 Likes

We were at the Buccleuch Arms last week.

1 Like

Highly recommended! Food was excellent, great facilities and the staff were top notch. Really friendly and helpful.
Will definitely go back :grinning:

Heading home now back through the Lakes.

5 Likes

Safely home now. Lovely ride through Mennock Pass this morning

Just over the edge where we’re stopped, in the valley there was a traffic cone, warning light, a chemical toilet lid and a full set of camping equipment dumped on the river bank :rage: Bring back hanging!
The final numbers from a cracking little trip (except Tuesdays ride :confused:).

7 Likes

60mpg. Impressive.

That Kawasaki has the largest tail pack I’ve ever seen!

4 Likes

Indeed. :rage:

1 Like

That’s where he keeps his wallet :slightly_smiling_face:
I think it’s a Ventura pack, sits on a frame like a tall grab rail.

3 Likes

Rode up to the Sma’ Glen in Perthshire today (that’s the Small Glen if you hadn’t guessed!). Here is a photo of the road as it meets the River Almond (A822), and one of the river looking towards the bridge over the river.

The bridge was built by General Wade in 1730 as part of the network of roads built to quash Jacobite uprisings, supporting James Stuart (the Old Pretender) and Charles Edward Stuart (Bonnie Prince Charlie)… and the Scots and the English have been arguing ever since. :wink:

8 Likes