What You Been Doing With Your Triumph Today

Wheels back in place, waiting for brake pads.

1 Like

I would…

Finished cleaning the calipers. Pads came today. Compared them with the originals, which now only look half worn. Stuck the new ones in anyway. I may swap them back again when we get home…Went to Go outdoors with Rose and bought a couple of new sleeping bags with better TOG rating for our nights in the Norwegian cabins.

6 Likes

Last day of our three days of leave today so @HelmutVisor and I just had a nice ride in the local area, calling in at a hidden gem of a cafe in Ledbury which we really like for coffee.

I officially declare it to be summer as the lining was taken out of my jacket today, not something I do lightly :laughing:.

8 Likes

Same here, got finished up work early and just had a great run in the sun, leather jacket, no liner, just a tee-shirt underneath and I’m warm. Think its about 21°c today here which is just about perfect :ok_hand:t2:

6 Likes

After yesterday’s therapy ride I thought would be my riding itch scratched for the week. But after breakfast when wondering what to do with the day, I felt the call of the wild again :slight_smile: So off for a day in the Peak District it was!

When there, something felt different about the place, and it took me a while to realise that it was probably the visibility being clearer than it usually is.

6 Likes

@AndyPandy and me did a ride in the Derbyshire Dales today. We met in Macclesfield and rode to the Cat and Fiddle for a brew. We then rode into the Dales to Hassop Station for lunch. The cafe is very good with a fantastic menu. Next time we go I will take a photo of the food. We then headed to Monyash for an ice cream. We then parted company and headed for home. A cracking day out.

8 Likes

Yes I can vouch for the food at Hassop Station Cafe. I had Tandoori Chicken and salad on flat bread with sauce etc, very nice. The ice cream at the cafe in Monyash is well worth stopping for too. Talking of ice cream, if you’re in the area and you like ice cream, you can get a good one at Monsal Head.

3 Likes

Lads and lasses, consider whether some posts would sit better in the ‘Rideouts’ category. Ta. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Noted, sorry about that.

No apologies required, Steve. For the most part I don’t see anything wrong with keeping things loose. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I considered it for mine, but it was so insignificant I think it was unwarranted this time :rofl:.

I had lunch there around 1pm :slight_smile:

1 Like

We’re you sat on the chairs just up from the cafe door on the left as you look at it. If that was you I walked past you as you were getting ready to set off. @AndyPandy and me were sat on the wall in the middle of the grass.

Pfft! There’s no such thing an insignificant ride on a bike. :grinning:

1 Like

Well not to me, I remain wholeheartedly over enthusiastic about the whole thing but try to spare the forum a bit :rofl:.

Today I was mostly tracking down an oil leak. Then discovered the stash was out of the required gaskets - shock, horror! :open_mouth:

So, ordered those and then repaired a bubble on the chop’s tank due to petrol fumes getting under the paint at the filler neck.
It’s all go :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

You just go for it. :grin:

It was! Wished I’d know you were there, we could have introduced ourselves.

1 Like

Yep real shame. Maybe next time you are heading that way let us know, we could then meet up. Where about are you based?