What You Been Doing With Your Triumph Today

Got my trophy 1200 out for a run in the sun today. It was chilly, 4C when I set off. I’d already taken my Royal Enfield meteor out first and had to close the visor at speeds over 20ish because of the cold air. However, on the trophy 70mph was fine with the visor open, not too chilly at all. If I was still commuting around the M25 into west london, the trophy would be perfect for this time of year. The curious thing was that my feet got really cold on the trophy but were fine on the meteor, exactly the opposite of what I’d have thought. The feet point down on the trophy but flat/slightly up on the meteor, so the cold air on the top of the boot must be the difference.
Also, the meteor feels a lot more relaxed at 60mph than the trophy, I assume it must be the single thump rather than the 4 on the trophy.
I mentioned a few months ago that I’d modified the standard seat on the trophy by removing some foam to make it flatter. It was really noticeable this time and felt so much more comfortable, especially with my extra winter padding(!) along with some lined cordura trousers.
The one thing that I keep wondering is has the clutch got heavier over time or is my grip going. I wonder if a service of the master cylinder would improve things? Anybody got a T300 where the heavy clutch was solved by a service (I’ve already changed the fluid, no difference).

5 Likes

After waiting until 10am for it to warm up (to 4C) I headed out to Peterborough way for good long ride (whole tank of petrol’s worth). Even saw a few patches of blue sky :slight_smile:

The roads were damp and often muddy so by the time I got back home, bike, panniers and me needed a good hose down and blow dry before putting everything away. Don’t want to be doing that another day as looks like we’ve got a week of more of proper freezing temperatures.

7 Likes

First time this year I had to get the warm water out to defeost the car, well I say frost but the windscreen was pure ice… oh well, shortest day soon and all that!

2 Likes

Sweet F all I’ve been doing with my Triumph today… :cold_face:

2 Likes

Went into the garage and looked at it.
Not used the Tiger since its 18000 mile service in October.
I’ve been out on the Guzzi and am using the Yamaha but the Tiger is immaculately clean :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Choices, choices eh!

You should know mate :grinning:

Pinhole in one of the tanks to find and fix. Bloody hell! It’s too cold to do anything other than take the tank off. Went back indoors and had a couple of mince pies instead.

8 Likes

Bugger all, had our first snow last night, village is an ice rink.

2 Likes

Same here… just a light sprinkling but the ice hasn’t thawed in 3 days!

4 Likes

Same here but must have been more rain than snow. As the only villager that bothers his arse to grit our road, I guess that’s what today has in store :grimacing:

3 Likes

Snow here, too. Not much but it’s started falling again. Ok for cars but the bikes will be going nowhere for at least a week, probably not until next year.

3 Likes

The foam in my bonneville seat was frozen rock solid even inside.

1 Like

Eee by eck tha big soft jessy, when ah were a lad on mi two stroke Suzuki I can remember going to work in eighteen inches of snow, feet down and thoroughly enjoying it. Mind you, I were invincible then. :smiley:

2 Likes

Glad to see that all the fines, fees and charges on account of global warming, or climate change as it is this week, have had a positive effect on our usual Winter temperatures…

2 Likes

Bu@@er all. Too darn cold…

3 Likes

Warming disturbs the system so weather becomes more extreme. Hotter summers, colder winters, more rain etc etc.

1 Like

I follow scientists who have opposing facts to Greta’s opinions.

1 Like

It’s tropical here in Hertfordshire… :sunglasses:
Honest ……