What You Been Doing With Your Triumph Today

Received my replacement battery charger. So I removed the one that has spent it’s life attached to the trophy from the enfield, as I’d been swapping it between the 2 bikes for the last couple of weeks. Put it back on the trophy and put the new one on the enfield. Rotated the wheels, fiddled with the fuel tap. Got cold so went back into the house. Poor bikes, it’s freezing out there even in the garage.

5 Likes

Same as everyone else…nothing. Slippery as anything out there today, been frozen for the last few days. Beautiful morning for a run this morning though, really gorgeous out over the fields.

5 Likes

When I was an apprentice I once went to pick my mate up for college on my Z400J on a snowy morning. Fell off three times before I got to his house then his mam told me he had got the bus cos he didn’t think I was stupid enough to go on the bike :worried::confused:

Had snow this morning over frozen conditions. Bloody council hadn’t gritted the roads, it was like an ice rink. Had to go out as had booked Christmas with Santa for my two youngest grandsons at our local restaurant.
Took it very steady travelling there and back, it was well worth it to see their faces. :grinning:

7 Likes

I don’t think the day time temperature has risen much above zero all week here in Norfolk, so neither bike has been anywhere :frowning_face:

Because the Speed Triple hasn’t moved from the garage in about a month (I’ve been using the Tiger) I thought I’d hook it up to the battery charger this morning. It only stayed on charge for about 5 minutes before reading fully charged. I found this last year with the Speedy, the Lithium ion battery seems to hold its charge really well.

The temperature read minus 0.5 inside the garage this morning! I needed a cup of tea and a chocolate digestive when I got back indoors.

8 Likes

-7 on the garden thermometer, it’s only a cheap plastic job so questionably accurate, we had 3-4 inches of snow that fell in about an hour last night then froze, got to the give way at the end of the village in the duster…and sailed right through, luckily no traffic, brakes frozen solid, took a good few stomps to free them up, perhaps that thermometer is more accurate than I thought

2 Likes

Nothing doing here bike wise. Don’t think any opportunities to ride for a while now. I was thinking about SORN’ing the bikes, but keeping thinking I might be able to get out if things warm up a bit.

4 Likes

Quite often there’s an opportunity in the Christmas break to get out and generally round our way the roads are quiet :+1:

1 Like

All a man can do is to stay inside and fiddle with the nipples.

3 Likes

Trying to get it to start!

Please may I put a shout out on here to the Triumph Helpdesk … I fear I have the dreaded “cold cranking issue” and so looking for a battery upgrade…

Can anyone provide a link to an in-stock upgrade? I believe that it doesn’t need to beteh same physical size for the Tiger 1050 (2010), smaller is fine…?

Currently I have

Any suggestions?

I always go by Motobatt when replacing, they’re supposed to be better designed for motorcycles with good cold crank. Google for more info.
I also get my car and bike batteries from Tayna, excellent service and price.

2 Likes

Thanks @Col_C I have just posted in the dedicated Tiger thread here…I will look at Tayna, and was already considering Motobatt…glad I am thinking along the right lines!

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Replacement battery (Tiger 1050 ABS 2010)

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Replacement battery (Tiger 1050 ABS 2010)

Done nothing with my Triumph for over a week :cry: and itching for a ride. But with subzero overnight and barely 1 or 2C during the day, seems sensible from a safety point of view to forgo a ride for pleasure. Eyeing up the forecast it looks like I’ve got another 6 days before there’s any ‘decent’ riding weather (windy and rain but not freezing overnight maybe double figures temperature :+1: ).

8 Likes

I sympathise…I have been looking at mine wistfully. Then I realise that I am shivering stood in the garage and touch the fuel tank and it’s insanely cold…and I retreat back into the nice, heated house.

3 Likes

I just looked at them today… -10c at present… :cold_face:

4 Likes

Yes freezing temperatures means no riding for me. Can’t wait for things to warm up for a ride :slightly_frowning_face:

4 Likes

Sunday evening the temperature looks set to change. Double figures next week according to the BBC weather app. I’ll be digging the summer gear back out again :+1:

1 Like

Swapped out the battery for my new Motabatt… Was a slow turn over, but bike fired up!

…braved it in on the bike this morning… I made it in in about 40mins… If I huff in my boots, and glove liners on the radiator before I leave etc…I have about a 45-50min window of opportunity to ride before I freeze…

Don’t think it was necessarily icy (no snow in this part of Oxfordshire); but took it real slow anyway!

I have upgraded cables on their way, so hopefully I’ll soon have enough Cold Cranking Amps getting through…just in time for the bloomin’ heatwave!

6 Likes