What You Been Doing With Your Triumph Today

Yes, I worked (largely from home) for a company near Llandudno, first language up there for many, including the guy I worked mostly with.
Made me realise the “they only speak Welsh when we walk in the shop/bar/etc” that tourists think just isn’t true (sometimes :joy:).

3 Likes

Not my triumph but bsa’s and an Ariel……
This is the bit that carries me through the tinkering season when not on bike but still playing

16 Likes

Put both bikes on the optimate…

3 Likes

Mmmm shiny.
My precious

Just started the bike up after about a month and a half.
A bit sluggish on first start but I’m blaming the lithium battery (its on a lithium battery tender) and the cold…
Nice to hear her but the shine was taken off somewhat as i forgot that im only 250 miles away from the dreaded 12k valve service.
I’m capable (i think) of doing this myself (with a mate, in his garage and as he’s got a street 765, i said “I’ll help him with his 12k if he helps me!”) BUT i like the thought of triumph doing it and getting the stamp in the book.
1st world problem of course but still looming up!

5 Likes

If it’s still under warranty, get triumph to do it-otherwise do it yourself, I’ve not done one of these bikes-but generally it’s the parts strip thats the biggest pain, the actual check is usually the easy bit, good luck.

P.S. as you have to do it with a stone cold engine it’s a good opportunity to drop the oil and while you’re in there change the plugs.

4 Likes

If it’s the first 12k service then most likely they’ll all be in spec and probably towards maximum gap (which is good IMO). Depends how good your dealer is, doing it yourself you’ll know for sure the state of your engine.

1 Like

I have been following the various threads about it and i think that im going to do it (with my mates help of course)
Nice project for January and take it nice and easy!

9 Likes

Took my 765 a morning run for Christmas :grinning: didn’t even have to wrap up warm… 8.5°! Really nice morning. Those supercorsas did spin up a few times though.

14 Likes

So after this mornings ride I couldn’t just leave it so filthy…

A few skined knuckles and wet feet later shes all nice and shiney again with a freshly oiled chain and a drop of fuel stabiliser in a full tank :sunglasses:
Might be a while before its out again :neutral_face:

13 Likes

Blimey, I thought that was a passing snow storm. Came up good didnt it.

My snow foam game is strong :muscle: :joy:

1 Like

What’s the deal with snow foam? It looks impressive but is it for a reason? What do you use… Gillete, Nivea, or The Cambridge Cutthroat?

(I genuinely don’t know)

It’s really a pre-wash. The foam is designed to cling to the surface and loosen dirt. You let it sit for a while and then hose it off. There is no such thing as a contactless wash but its pretty close. The idea behind it is once you’ve done the snow foam thing, the worst of the grit and dirt is gone which minimises any risk of swirl marks, fine scratches or hazy bits on the paint when you go over it with a sponge/cloth. Its dead easy to wipe down too after the foam bit. I usually give it a second squirt of foam and wipe over with a microfibre.
There are dozens of different snow foams. I’ve tried 5 or 6 different brands and see no big differences between them. A good snow foam lance seems to make a bigger difference to getting a good thick clingy foam.

6 Likes

I’ve used things like Muc-off prewash, which can help… but never this funky looking cappuccino fluff. I’m happy to trial anything which makes the job easier… how about folk giving recommendations?

2 Likes

I’ll recommend a lance…
I’ve had a few kartcher ones but this halfords one makes a much better foam.

The foam I’m currently using is called Avalanche Snow Foam by Auto Finesse. It’s UK made and was reasonably priced at the time. Like I say I’ve never noticed much difference between foams apart from the smell :rofl:

1 Like

I would imagine a foam with the aroma of combusting castrol r would be just about spot on. :smile:

2 Likes

Do you need a pressure washer for snowy foamy?

1 Like

Autoglym Polar Blast here; Helmut agrees with @Andyc1 in that there seem to be no big differences - this one was bought on price at the time (I am too much of a newbie at snow - foaming to have tried others!!). We have the Nilfisk snow foam lance / bottle which is good.

I have found the Oxford Mint Bike Wash that I was given as an apology from a shop for one of their staff members’ sexist behaviour towards me really good at loosening dirt when left on for a few minutes. Smells nice too!

5 Likes

Yes, a hose doesn’t have the power to turn it into a foam.

1 Like