What You Been Doing With Your Triumph Today

Thanks @Andyc1 …today i will mainly be scanning the freeads for a cheapie power washer!

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Pressure washing

Apologies @MrsVisor ! I didn’t see this reply when I responded previously! :grimacing::grimacing:.

Thank you for the reply…

I am well in board now, I think, for a Nilfisk washer!

Cheers all!

3 Likes

Any cleaner pretty much, I’m currently using muc-off (well 6 months ago, it’s currently under 20 layers of FS365) as it was the cheapest for 5 litres at the time. Best tip is hose off bike first to remove the worst, then spray on the cleaner and go over the bike with a soft paint brush to get the dirt shifting, if the brush has a metal ferrule cover it with insulating or gaffa tape to prevent scratches. Then hose off. A pack of cheap paintbrushes in various sizes is a couple of quid, use them a few times and bin them. I never jet or pressure wash, best way to force water into places it shouldn’t be, then spray with FS365 and let it drip dry.

5 Likes

Washed and cleaned and dried with boy 1…

Then started the strip down, again with boy 1, discussing and chatting about how it all works - with a strong caveat that I wasn’t entirely sure - but he seemed to enjoy it!

And now that that’s done…

Ready to fit new Pudding cables tomorrow, as well as other bits and pieces.

Whilst I’m here…it was actually far more of a PITA than my 955 Speed Triple to get this far in… I am going to just clean and re-oil the K&N filter that it came with.

Also just replace the spark plugs.

Any advice on either of these (or anything at all :innocent:)?

Am going for the manual recommended NGK CR9EK Standard plug…?

Thanks all!

6 Likes

I have really fond memories of working on cars with my Dad growing up, which also left me able to service my own (older cars…not what I have now!). It’s such a nice “bonding” thing to do whilst also being really useful.

5 Likes

Nice weather (for winter) today, so went out for a few hours riding :slight_smile:

Bike got filthy as it always does this time of year, so that’ll give me something to do with my Triumph at the weekend.

10 Likes

Short ride today. Me on my Tiger 900 Rally Pro and my brother on his Tiger 1200 Alpine edition.
It was cold and windy, Airedale, Wharfedale, Littondale, Ribblesdale and back into Airedale via Malhamdale.
Gave it a quick spray off and back in the garage. Did I mention it was cold and windy?

8 Likes

Not a lot, but I did discover today that the fuel gauge on the Tiger has packed up, and as the bike thinks it has no fuel the dash is lit up like a Christmas tree - which is at least seasonal.

Something to add to the dealers to-do list when it goes in for its first service.

2 Likes

Pulled this one out to get ready for the New Year’s Day meet.

Dusted all the winter workings rubbish off. Washed out tank and taps (I empted all the ethanol petrol before winter into the Admin Staff’s car). Fresh petrol, small back kick then second kick started up. Oil return running well but low, I’ll check for sumping. Small leak from left hand carb drain screw that I’ll sort in the morrow.

15 Likes

Very pleasant ride out on the Tiger this morning and after a couple of miles the fuel gauge sprang back to life!

The weather was mild and sunny :sunny: but the roads wet and filthy so it needs a wash this afternoon.

8 Likes

I done the same thing, first ride of 23… start as you mean to go on! :grinning:
Bit chilly and foggy which was lifting anyway but thoroughly enjoyable ride of about 60 miles.

14 Likes

9 posts were split to a new topic: New Year Meet-up

It was sunny and dry here so I took the trophy out for a run once the roads had dried after the overnight rain. It doesn’t like sitting around these days with this ethanol petrol. Perfect startup and ran well. I stayed on the A roads and it was in it’s element. Now wondering if I should I take it to Italy this year or the Enfield Meteor… I took the clutch lever off and lubricated both the pivot pin and the brass cylinder that the clutch pushrod fits in a few days ago, the pivot pin seemed well lubed still, but the brass cylinder was too dry for my liking. I think it’s helped with the over heavy clutch but I didn’t get caught in too much traffic to really test.
Got back home and then took the Enfield out, this is the first winter of owning 2 bikes and I’m not sure I like the rush needed to get both out on a dry winter day as I got caught out by the salt wagon on the meteor, bummer.

8 Likes

I got out for a few hours in the cold sunshine on Monday, so thought I’d had my weekly bike ‘fix’, but after this morning’s walk with Mrs Mouse, in very mild for January double digits Celsius, I decided to skip lunch and hop on bike for another 4 hours riding :smiley: Even though it was cloudy it was nice to be able to discard one layer of winter clothing and the roads were almost dry so could relax a little more on the country lanes and have a bit more fun, roads were also quiet compared to the bank holiday ride on Monday. :+1:

9 Likes

First ride of 2023!

The Welsh roads were wet and mucky today but it wasn’t raining and I loved it. :smiley:

14 Likes

Fantastic looking bike :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

120 mile round trip on the Tiger yesterday down to Seaways Cafe and back via Malton, Pickering and Helmsley.

Good number of bikes at the cafe - theres a load more behind the van in the other parking area.

11 Likes

This is for tomorrow’s ride but is anyone doing the chilly willy ride out in Northampton tomorrow at 10?
Weather looks crap though so i’m still not sure tbh.

1 Like

It’s cake o’clock!

Do you think this is a bit too big for me?

Weather is mild and dry so thought I’d get out for a ride, being as next week is forecast to have freezing temperatures.

7 Likes