What You Been Doing With Your Triumph Today

Out and about on the Tiger this morning. Dry but windy!

9 Likes

Yes, was rather windy here too, but nice to get home after a ride and not feel like I need to clean bike again :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Booked it in for its first annual service. Just over 6000 miles on it. It’s a couple of months short of a year old.
How much should I expect this to cost? What does the first annual service actually cover?

Look in your owners manual under “Scheduled Maintenance Table”.
If you don’t have your paper manual handy, you can download a PDF from Triumph.

2 Likes

And prepare to have your pants pulled down over some minor faults £££££

It’s a ‘first annual service’ so surely you wouldn’t expect faults, and if there were for them to be covered under warranty. (My experience of dealer service was not for them to find faults. The faults all occurred during my use and were fixed under warranty.)

1 Like

I wish my wife would take me that seriously :thinking:

But you must be out of warranty by now…

The first annual service on my Speed Triple last year cost £297.30

I wouldn’t expect the Tiger to be a lot different.

1 Like

About to grease and re-torque the steering head bearings, hopefully thats all thats needed :crossed_fingers:t3:

Well job done, bearings were dry as a bone, they must have been short of a dab of grease at the factory that day, very poor Triumph.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’ve greased hubs and head bearings, swingarm, and really all the grease points, on my Speed Triple. They were all needing grease.
Cost cutting?
I don’t know.
If they said to me, you have to pay £3 extra for grease, I cant imagine anyone not paying that. So its just weird, almost malicious reasoning by the manufacturers.

4 Likes

I’ve had this on a few bikes down the years, pretty poor tbh.

1 Like

Delivery arrived from Harley accessories place, so I set about working out how to fix it to my Triumph. I resisted the temptation to go for the version in fake leather with studs :wink:

It’s a Saddlemen R850 roll bag, which is stiff enough to keep it’s shape when empty.

Access at home for bike is restricted so I can’t leave panniers on bike and it’s a right faff fitting and removing them, so wanted something I can leave on bike to carry essentials for day trips. (Coffee, packed lunch, lock, tools…)

10 Likes

Wot no conchos?!

1 Like

Had to google what ‘conchos’ were. Nope, none of them either :slight_smile:

I presumed they were large sea snails… :joy:

1 Like

he was talking about mexican food you can carry in your saddlebag… I guess…

Riding on icy roads 25 miles into Carmarthen town to visit a mate, I should have taken the car but the lovely bright sunshine fooled me in thinking it would be ok. Frozen tash and beard.

4 Likes

Bu@@er all today…

8 Likes

Same here. I did go in the garage at look at my bikes even though I cannot ride at the moment :slightly_frowning_face:

5 Likes